Becton Dickinson LSR IIThe BD LSR II is an air-cooled 4-laser bench top flow cyto meter with the ability to acquire parameters for a 13 color experiment. It uses fixed-alignment lasers that transmit light reflected by mirrors through a flow cell to octagon and trigon detector arrays. These detectors collect and translate fluorescent signals into electronic signals. Instrument electronics convert these signals into digital data.
FACScaliburThe Flow Cytometry Facility at the Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center supplies state-of-the-art capacity for cell analysis and sorting. The facility houses a Becton Dickinson FACScalibur 2-laser cell analyzer, capable of 4-color fluorescence data acquisition.
Analysis WorkstationThere are also 2 advanced 8-core MacPros available for data analysis and a SGI octane workstation.
- Imaris "Surpass" Volume rendering in 3D and 4D, surface rendering, measurements, colocalization, slipping planes, 4D tracking
- SoftWoRx Deconvolution, volume rendering, surface rendering and quantification
- ModFit LT. This is a DNA analysis software featuring AutoDebris, AutoAggregates, AutoLinearity and batch processing
- FloJo Flow Cytometry Analysis software
- NIS Elements (Nikon) Image processing software